In response to the recent spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19), Summit Senior Living is taking extra precautions to ensure the well being of our residents, staff, and visitors. We are continuing to monitor the news surrounding the virus and are making sure that our communities are prepared with supplies and strategies to combat its spread.
While there are no confirmed cases at any of our communities, we are taking the following proactive steps to minimize our risk of infection:
- As of March 11th, 2020, we have suspended large gatherings and outside social trips as recommended by The Center for Disease Control (CDC) and US Department of Health. This includes all social events and lectures in our common areas.
- We have urged any residents that develop flu-like symptoms to seek immediate medical attention, remain in their residence, and avoid accessing our common areas. In addition, we have offered assistance in setting up private transportation to medical appointments.
- We have increased the frequency of our cleaning and disinfecting efforts and ensured that we have ample disinfectants stocked and available in common areas.
- We have increased the screening for visitors and have asked any visitors that are presenting even mild symptoms or have recently visited or traveled to affected areas to please not visit at this time.
- We have made hand-sanitizing mandatory for all guests in every community.
- We have strictly prohibited any staff that presents symptoms from coming to work.
We understand that the COVID-19 is especially dangerous to our residents and greatly appreciate everyone’s cooperation during this time. We will continue to monitor information from federal, state and local officials and provide regular updates on modifications to our plan as deemed prudent and necessary.
For more information about the virus in general, please visit the CDC’s website here: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html