Summit Senior Living is continually monitoring the COVID-19 situation in our area and across the state and nation. Our focus remains solely on the safety, health, and well-being of residents and staff at our Summit Senior Living Communities. Please find our latest update below:
IS THE SUMMIT OFFICE OPEN?
To limit traffic and keep everyone safe, our offices are closed but the Summit staff will be on-site in case of resident or building emergencies. We urge residents and families to CALL or EMAIL the office with any questions, concerns or needs instead of coming into the offices.
Limiting exposure to one another and distancing is key in the prevention of the spread of COVID-19. Imperative maintenance work order requests should be phoned in or emailed to the Summit office. Below are contact numbers and emails for each community – Please do not hesitate to call or email with any questions:
SUMMIT AT EASTWYCK 518-874-1638 [email protected]LIFE.COM
SUMMIT AT GLENWYCK 518-280-7340 [email protected]
SUMMIT AT SARATOGA 518-430-2136 [email protected]
SUMMIT AT MILL HILL 518-941-8871 [email protected]
WHAT ELSE IS SUMMIT DOING TO HELP KEEP RESIDENTS SAFE?
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT: To comply with the Governor’s Executive Order, Summit staff will be wearing masks and gloves as a precautionary measure to protect both residents and staff.
BUILDING ACCESS: The main entrance (and the Clubhouse for Summit at Eastwyck) will be locked 24/7 to minimize unnecessary outside traffic through the building AND to allow Summit staff to manage visitor and vendor access. Resident key fobs can be used to enter. Instructions will be posted for those who need assistance.
VISITORS: “Essential Visitors” are family/friends who are checking on you, delivering groceries, medication or other necessary items OR personal care assistants/companions or aides who come to assist you. These individuals are permitted to enter the building and bring items up to your apartment however, we recommend they follow the following procedures below:
- Per the Governor’s Executive Order, visitors wear a mask or some form of protective gear when coming into contact with our resident population. Unfortunately, we do not have sufficient masks to hand out so, please be sure to take caution and prepare if you are coming into our building.
- Visitors can only go to the resident’s apartment – no use of common areas or facilities.
- Visitors cannot enter the building if they:
- Recently been ill or have had ANY symptoms such as cough, fever, sore throat, runny nose, and/or shortness of breath.
- Recently traveled by airplane or been in a confined space with large groups of people.
- Had a risk of exposure to someone who has tested positive COVID-19.
- If any of the above apply – visitors must wait a minimum of 14 days before coming to Summit.
PROGRAMMING & TRANSPORTATION:
- All programming, outings, gatherings (including continental breakfast and fitness classes) have been suspended following the “social distancing” recommendations of the CDC and Department of Health.
- Scheduled Supper Clubs will still be available; however, these will be provided in to-go containers. If there is a change to this due to restaurant closure or a safety concern, we will let the residents know.
- Transportation services have been suspended. Grocery shopping is also canceled.
FOOD DELIVERY, ONLINE SHOPPING, OTHER RESOURCES:
If residents need assistance with grocery shopping, transportation or errands, Summit staff will help to connect them and coordinate services. The resident will be responsible for payment for services, food, etc. A list of food delivery and other options has been distributed to residents and will continue to be updated.
TOURS: Summit communities are not available to tour at this time.
GUEST SUITE: Until further notice, we will not be able to accommodate guest suite reservations.
CLEANING & DISINFECTING: Summit efforts to disinfect high touch areas such as handrails, elevators, doorknobs and common areas continue daily. Additional professional cleaning services are coming in weekly to take extra precaution in disinfecting our communities.
WELLNESS CALLS: Periodic wellness calls are being placed to residents as we know how difficult these times are. We can assist in getting prescriptions or basic food items for residents. Residents and families are encouraged to keep in touch with office staff with questions, concerns or needs and we will do our best to assist.