Our offices are open. In an effort to maintain social distancing, we urge residents and families when possible to CALL or EMAIL the office with any questions, concerns or needs.
SUMMIT AT EASTWYCK 518-874-1638
SUMMIT AT GLENWYCK 518-280-7343
SUMMIT AT SARATOGA 518-430-2136
SUMMIT AT MILL HILL 518-941-8871
SUMMIT AT FORTS FERRY 518-599-2145
BUILDING ACCESS/VISITOR POLICY: The main entrance will continue to be locked 24/7. This has been an effective way for the Summit staff to minimize unnecessary outside traffic through the building AND has allowed Summit to manage visitor and vendor access. Please note that:
- Anyone entering the Community must adhere to the following Visitor Requirements:
- Per the Governor’s Executive Order, visitors must wear a mask or some form of protective face covering when entering a Summit community.
- Guests are not permitted to congregate in common rooms or use community facilities.
- Visitors cannot enter the building if they (A) have recently been ill or have had ANY symptoms such as cough, fever, sore throat, runny nose, and/or shortness of breath, (B) have had risk of exposure to someone who has tested positive COVID-19, or (C) have traveled from out of state without proper quarantine and testing (See below for details).
- Anyone touring and any vendors who need to gain access to the building will have their temperature taken, will complete a brief questionnaire and must wear a mask.
- UPS, FED EX, food and other deliveries will be left in the vestibule where residents can pick them up or Summit staff can deliver. Instructions for delivery persons are posted at the door so they know how to contact you through the intercom system.
FACE MASKS POLICY: We continue to follow recommendations from the CDC & NYS Department of Health related to prevention and safety. Both organizations are strongly recommending simple steps such as handwashing, social distancing and wearing face masks to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Please remember that it is Summit’s policy that you wear a mask when you are outside of your apartment including in hallways, common areas, fitness classes, etc. Your mask should be worn properly, covering your nose and mouth. If you are eating or drinking you can remove your mask. Masks are not required outside if social distancing of at least 6 feet apart can be maintained.
OTHER SAFETY PRECAUTIONS/VOLUNTARY OR MANDATORY QUARANTINE: Our primary goal is for you to stay safe and to contain the spread of the virus IF a resident or staff member is exposed or infected. We need your help to do this. Please note the following important safety measures:
- Voluntary Quarantine – If you are not feeling well, if you are experiencing any kind of cold or flu symptoms or if you have been exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 we ask that you avoid contact with other residents and staff.
- Mandatory Quarantine – UPDATED, EFFECTIVE 11/4 – For any traveler from out of state, exempting the contiguous states, the new guidelines for travelers to test-out of the mandatory 14-day quarantine are below: For travelers who were in another state for more than 24 hours:
- Travelers must obtain a test within three days of departure from that state.
- The traveler must, upon arrival in New York, quarantine for three days.
- On day 4 of their quarantine, the traveler must obtain another COVID test. If both tests comes back negative, the traveler may exit quarantine early upon receipt of the second negative diagnostic test.
You can find a list of testing sites here: https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/find-test-site-near-you. If you need help with transportation to a testing site, please contact your Concierge.
Whether you are under voluntary or mandatory quarantine, Summit staff will be able to assist you with picking up food items, prescriptions or delivering your mail. We ask that you inform the office if you are in this situation so we can properly support you. In addition, please let the office know if you have been contacted by county public health department tracers regarding possible exposure.
PROGAMMING & TRANSPORTATION:
- Fitness classes, both land and water, are being provided.
- Programs will be held in common spaces throughout the building with appropriate precautions in place such as social distancing and face masks for indoor activities.
- Scheduled Supper Clubs will still be available; however, these will be provided in to-go containers.
- Transportation services are available for medical visits with a limited number of residents in the van at a time. Grocery shopping transportation has resumed.
GUEST SUITE AND ROOM RESERVATIONS: Until further notice, we will not be able to accommodate guest suite or room reservations.
CLEANING & DISINFECTING: Summit efforts to disinfect high touch areas such as handrails, elevators, door knobs and common areas continue daily.